Welcome To Gilpin
Gilpin School strives to promote an awareness of self and others and an appreciation of individual differences within a supportive, purposeful environment. Opportunities are provided through varied learning experiences for students to develop a love for learning and to be independent thinkers. We believe in nurturing a positive attitude in students which will further their intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth.
Week at a Glance: Feb 1-5, 2016
Monday, Feb 8
- Family Day – Students do not attend school
Tuesday, Feb 9
- Girl’s Basketball practice 8:00 am
- Boy’s Basketball – Home game
- Div 9 & 10 Curling Royal City 12:45-3:00 pm
- Wesburn Soccer 6:00-7:00 pm (Tuesdays Jan 5- March 8)
- Gilpin Badminton 7:30-9:30 (Tuesdays-Jan 5-June 14)
Wednesday, Feb 10
- Parks & Rec Kids Club 3:15-4:45 (Wednesdays-Jan 20-Mar 9) Staffroom
- Wesburn Soccer 6:00-7:00 pm (Wednesdays Jan 6-Mar 9)
- Boy’s Basketball practice 8:00 am
- Girls’ Basketball @ Chaffey Burke
- SBMC Basketball 5:30-8:30 (Thursdays Jan 7-June 9)
- Science Discoveries (Thursdays Jan 14-Feb 4) Staffroom
Friday, Feb 12
- Skiing Div 1, 2, 3 (Gr 6/7s only)
- Girl’s Basketball Practice 8:00 am
- Div 5/6 Skating 9:15-11:30
- Sports Zone (Fridays-Jan 22-Mar 11) Gym
8:53 Warning Bell
8:58 Start time bell
10:30 Recess Bell (students go outside)
10:45 Recess Bell (students come inside)
12:05 No Bell (students begin eating)
12:20 Lunch Bell (first warning to exit)
12:30 Lunch Bell (second warning to exit)
12:55 Lunch Bell (warning to enter)
1:00 Start time bell
3:00 No Bell (end time)
School Fees Payable On-Line
We now offer the opportunity for you to pay your child(ren)’s school fees online. During the course of the year you will be able to pay for field trips, performances, and extra curricular activities
Step 1: Visit School Cash Online
Step 2: Register by selecting “Get Started Today” and follow the steps.
Step 3: You will receive a confirmation email. Select the “click here” option, sign in and add your child(ren) to your household account.
For detailed step by step instructions for School Cash Online Set up please click below.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS = for your newsletter or listserve
Gilpin Elementary has a 96% adoption rate.
96% of our students are registered with SchoolCash Online.
Please go to https://burnaby.schoolcashonline.com to register. Make sure the check the box that asks if you want to receive the email notifications. You will then receive notifications each time a school fee is available to pay for your child(ren).
Please see the school website for detailed information on how to sign up , and also on how to load MyWallet.